Thursday, February 21, 2013

February 19

3 gifts that were "Plan B"

1.  My dad being assigned to Warner Robins when I was in high school.  It was a big culture shock, and a bit of a let-down since we had been teased with assignments in Germany and Colorado Springs, and I hated to leave the D.C. area.  But if the Air Force had not changed their mind and sent my dad to Georgia, then I would have never chosen the college I did.  I would not have been friends with the boy who introduced me to my husband.  My parents would not have ended up where they did in Colorado after my dad retired, and I would not have met my friends with whom I worked during the summers.

2.  Bret going to engineering school instead of pursuing a career in Hollywood.  We both learned so much during our time in Miami, and we were able to spend a lot of precious time with his grandparents.  We obviously would not be where we are now, with the children we have and the live we live. 

3.  When we moved from California to Miami, we planned to go down in August, before Bret started school.  But his dad's company had a lot of work so we let them convince us to move there in January.  I was not happy about being there, especially when the work slowed down and it turned out that Bret wasn't needed as badly as we thought.  It was a very stressful time.  But... we had that last spring with Granddaddy before he died in May, and I wouldn't trade that for anything.  If we had stuck with our original plan, we would have flown down for his funeral. 

No comments: