Sunday, February 3, 2013

February 3

3 gifts found in writing

1.  When I write, things become more clear to me.  I am better able to focus and I feel more "me."  I have always known this, and intrinsically consider myself to be a writer, but I am terrible about actually putting pen to paper -- or fingers to keyboard -- on a regular basis.  Writing grounds me.

2.  We sang one of my favorite short hymns after communion today at church.  I know the lyrics, but I wrote them down on my bulletin anyway.  Just the act of writing them down made my heart sing.

3.  Momastery.  I found this blog about a year ago -- can't remember who, but one of my friends posted a link on facebook for one reason or another.  Every time I read one of her posts, my heart is touched.  It's good for my soul, I know.

No comments: