Sunday, January 20, 2013

January 13

3 things about yourself you are grateful for

1.  My love of reading.  I have friends who don't love to read, and they are fulfilled, and their lives do not feel like they are missing something.  Yet I can't imagine having that life.  True, I don't read as much as I used to, but I miss it.  I love getting sucked into a great book.  And I love that my husband and children share that love. 

2.  My blue eyes.  I know it sounds shallow, and Lord knows my husband and first-born are beautiful with their chocolate-brown eyes.  But I love my eye color.  And if I didn't have blue eyes, neither would my two youngest children.  And I love their blue eyes.  They're distinctly different colors, but they're perfect for them.

3.  My ablility to see things from other peoples' perspectives.  It gets me into trouble sometimes -- it makes it easier for me to be taken advantage of -- but I think it's a valuable skill.  And, in my opinion, a bit too rare.  If only everyone were able to look outside of their own perspectives. 

No comments: