Sunday, January 20, 2013

January 15

One thing you wore, one thing you gave away, one thing you shared

1.  My fire opal ring from Sedona.  I bought it when I met Jen there in January '11, with a gift card that my dad gave me for my birthday the month before.  I specifically saved it to buy something for myself on that trip, and every time I wear it, I remember what a great trip it was.  And it makes me think of my dad, which is appropriate, since he grew up in Arizona.  So it makes me remember stories from his childhood, as well as my grandparents.

2.  We are purging and clearing out as much "stuff" as possible.  Every week there's a box of clothes, books, miscellaneous items going to one charity or another.  We still have a ways to go, but it feels good.

3.  I had lunch with Kim today.  I miss having her in Scouts with me, but I am thankful that we are still able to get together.  I'm thankful that they didn't move away, and I'm thankful that our friendship is based on more than Scouts. 

No comments: