Monday, January 7, 2013

January 6

One Thing in Your Bag, Your Fridge, Your Heart

1.  To be precise, this item is currently in the pocket of my jeans.  But it is supposed to be in my purse, and it will be by the time I head out at lunchtime.  I bought this new lip color last summer -- Maybelline's Super Stay 24-Hour Color in Always Heather.  I love it, because it's designed for people like me.  I am terrible about remembering to put on my lipstick, which is funny because lipstick is the one bit of makeup that my mom never left home without.  Anyway, you apply the color with a wand like lip gloss, then let it dry for about a minute before applying the clear balm-like gloss over it.  And it stays all day long.  If your lips get dry, you just reapply the balm and voila, new lips!  The other night Jessie and Bret went to the Father-Daughter Sock Hop hosted by our GS Service Unit, and I put some of the lip gloss on her.  She loves to wear lipstick, but it inevitably smears and her lips are already full enough without the expanded lip lines.  This was perfect, and the color looked great on her.  It's amazing how just lip gloss, even with no other makeup, made her look so much more grown up.  Sigh.

2.  The last tiny bit of my annual Christmas toffee is in a little tin on the top shelf of the fridge.  I don't think anyone else in the family knows it's there, and I'm not inclined to remind them.  I wonder how long it will last ...

3.  My heart is full.  I have a full life and it is exactly how I want it.  I may wish for more time or better organizational skills, but those are within my control and I'm working on achieving both.  My heart is ... well, troubled might be the best word ... for both my boys.  Jacob for his dyslexia and the frustration that he feels as a result.  And Josh for his challenges at school.  I want to get to the bottom of his handwriting and organizational issues.  And I still feel guilt over not addressing the SI issues years ago, but right now the academic issus are outweighing it.  I need to get going on the paperwork and see what we can learn before school's out, and to be honest, I'm a bit overwhelmed by it. 

No comments: