Sunday, January 20, 2013

January 16

3 ways you witnessed happiness today

1.  Jacob doing well at his Syllables session.  He beat his teacher at a game and was on a high for the rest of the evening.

2.  Josh and I went to the dermatologist this morning.  He had a wart on the arch of his foot and the doctor had to cut it out.  He was a real trooper, even though he was scared and it hurt.  He couldn't walk on it so I let him stay home from school.  He was quite happy to have a day off.  He gets sick so rarely that he almost never misses school -- I think he's been out maybe 5 days since starting kindergarten.  So it was a treat for him to be out and not be sick.

3.  I had to run in to the elementary school this morning, and ran into Jacob's class.  Every time I show up, they make me feel like a rock star.  I get hugs from half the class, but Jacob's face lights up when he sees me and he always gives me a huge hug.  I have to pry him off of me.  I know that I don't have too many more years of this sort of reaction, so I savor it when I get it.  I still get it from Jessie, too.  :)

No comments: