Wednesday, January 16, 2013

January 8

Light that caught you, a Reflection that surprised you, a Shadow that fell lovely

This one hung me up a bit, so I put it off for the next day.  And then I got sick and lost the next few days.

1.  I love the dusky light just before sunset.  I love the way the sky is tinged with pink and blue and violet.  There's a certain intersection where I always get stopped by the red light, and it seems like the light always just hits a church steeple in that perfect way.  I'm actually happy to be stopped for a few minutes, so I can admire the rosy tint on the cream-colored paint.

2.  People tell me that they think Jacob looks just like his big brother did when he was the same age.  I never see it, becuase they have such different looks.  But every so often Jacob does something and I am transported back 5 years to when Josh did the exact same thing.  He definitely has acquired some of his brother's mannerisms.

3.  Back in September, Jessie and I went to San Francisco for a girls' weekend with friends.  That first afternoon, we ended up at the national cemetery at the Presidio.  The girls spent about 30 minutes examining and exploring the various gravestones, and I took some photos.  One of my favorites shows a hillside of graves -- some shrouded in shadows and others shining brightly in the sunlight.  I love the contrast. 

No comments: