Wednesday, January 16, 2013

January 9

A gift in your hand, a gift you walked by, a gift you sat with

1.  For the past few years, Josh has gradually become less inclined to show any physical affection, especially to his mom.  But every so often, we'll be walking somewhere and his hand will find his way to mine.  He won't actually make it to full-fledged hand-holding, mind you, but he might hook a finger around one of mine.  And for that fleeting instant, I am transported back to when he was a snuggly little boy who wanted nothing more than to climb into my lap or snuggle up next to me on the couch, pressing his warm body to mine.  Sigh.

2.  I'm in the midst of purging and decluttering.  The closets, the basement, the kitchen cabinets, my office.... As a result, we have pictures and posters leaning up against random walls throughout the house, waiting for me to decide where they will be hung, or whether, in fact, they will be hung.  One such item was a gift when we had Josh.  One of Bret's co-workers cross-stitched "Joshua" and framed it.  It hung in his bedroom until we moved into this house.  Now, I don't know what to do with it.  I expect I'll hang onto it, although the odds are probably pretty slim that any of the children will have a son named Josh (or even if they did, they may not want this particular piece of art).

3.  My BSF study is a real treasure, and I love the time I spend sitting with the Word.  I need to devote more of my time to that.

No comments: